A couple of years ago, we re-branded our engagement session and our trash the dress session to be Madly in Love Portraits. In addition to the pleasure of saying “your Madly in Love Portrait Session”, one of the coolest things about Madly in Love Portraits is that they can happen at anytime in a couple’s Madly in Love history; whether just after getting engaged, the day after their wedding, as a really fun and outside the box 5th date or celebrating their 5/10/15/25 year anniversary.
There are a few key secrets to having the Madly in Love Portrait Session be a blast and they can be summed up with the following –
Looking Great –
1. Choose clothing that you think “LOVE THIS” when you put it on. Bring a few different outfits and consider which outfits look great with your partners.
2. Have your hair and make-up professionally done (consider a MAC or Aveda store if you are sensitive to budget)
Feeling Great –
3. Expect that the experience could last up to 3 hours with plenty of time to change location/change clothing/stop for a glass of water/snack. Be prepared to have 3 hours of FUN and LOVE!
4. Let your photographer be your guide! Enjoy yourselves and trust your photographer to capture it in a way that is beautiful, romantic, fun and uniquely YOU!
The Grand Finale –
4. Schedule a reservation at a favorite restaurant 1 hour after. This will make you both so happy, you will both be looking great and ready to have someone serve you a glass of wine and a delicious meal.
5. Toast to your love!